Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

This peculiar looking building overlooking Edinburgh from Calton Hill was built in 1776 by architect James Craig who was renowned for his work on the New Town in the city.  It was built as a family home but was used as an observatory for a short time without success and the grounds were also used as an arsenal by the Edinburgh Militia.  The property is now available for holiday lets. 

© Ad Meskens / Wikimedia Common

Leave a comment